I haven’t blogged in over two months! Oh lots of reasons why, mainly due to lack of time, and that’s also why KnitCast is late. The Welsh general election has kept me busy at work and sorting through my various hoardings, desperately trying to downsize has kept me a little busy too.
Last weekend I sorted through twenty years worth of clothes. Yes. TWENTY YEARS! I actually had stuff from far back as 14. Hannah helped me and joked that she could see the various stages I’d been through in life, including the extended Goth period. Which never really went away entirely. I gave 99.9 per cent of it away to charity, Hannah and others had some too. I feel really good about it because now I can buy more clothes with impunity. Ummmm….can’t I?!
Now onto KnitCast. That’s mainly been delayed because I haven’t quite made the switch from editing audio on a PC to editing audio on a Mac. It’s a bit ironic considering that I am Mac mad and rather evangelical about them! A certain Mac friend of mine is probably laughing at this! Although Macs are superior to PCs, don’t crash as often, don’t really get viruses etc. they also don’t have as many software programs written for them. So my main bug bare is that Nero Wave Editor which I used to use to edit is not available for the Mac. I can’t edit quite as finely with Audacity as I’d like and anyone who’s listened to Knitcast will know how I love my editing. I think though that I may have to worry less about editing since I would like to get a podcast out before the end of the month.
And speaking of podcasting, I’m hoping to record some interviews when I go on holiday to New York in July. I’ll be there for the first week of July and I have some ideas for interviews and I’ll be contacting people soon about those. However I do want to leave the majority of my trip for shopping! It’ll be my third visit to NYC and my second trip to the Garment District. I’m really looking forward to it! Let’s hope I don’t go over my baggage weight allowance on the way home!
I wasn’t quite sure exactly what I was going to blog about today but Jeni has tagged me so I’m going to finish with the Seven Random Things About Me…warning they are very random!
* I love Woody Allen films, although I tend to prefer his earlier, funnier ones! (in joke!) My favourites are Manhattan and Annie Hall. I can never choose between the two and have watched both far too many times to count.
* I’ve wanted to live in America since I was a kid. I intend to fulfill this dream one day
* Madonna – I’ve been a fan of hers for nearly twenty two years! I still have lace gloves from my teenage years!
* Spring is my favourite season. I love seeing the bulbs come up and trees blossom after a cold winter.
* Nature makes me feel very spiritual. There’s something godlike almost in growing things from seed and I also have a quiet fascination with how numbers appear in nature. However I’m crap at maths!
* I love order but somehow always end up in chaos. I’m incredibly untidy!
* I’m really into astrology. Well ok, I do read several horoscopes each day and pick and choose which bits I like, but I do think there’s more than an element of truth in them.
Now I have to decide whom to tag…I’ll have to think about that and update this later