SpaceCraft Rotating Header Image

Making Monday – Finishing Touches

It’s finally finished.

All done!

 

As you can see I decided on swirly, thanks for the encouragement Mimi!, for the button. Friday I bought the snap fasteners from the fab haberdashery stall in the market and I finally sat down to sew one in on Saturday night. I also remembered that after 12 years of making garments I’d ordered some labels. I’d been meaning to do it for years and in December I just googled and found Woven Labels UK. They were pretty reasonable, £9.99 for 36 and it was simple to choose a label design although the cat with yarn is possibly better suited for knitted items. As you can see I choose a purple ribbon with silver thread. I’m hoping it won’t be scratchy against my skin. Choosing what to write on the label was more difficult. I really wanted to come up with something innovative and original but I couldn’t ;) I don’t know if I’ll stick with “Marie Made” for my next set but I’m happy with it at the moment. The only other name I’ve ever had in mind for labels was “By Marie”.

Pack of labels

The only downside about the labels is that I suck at sewing them. I made a real hash of the first one and it wasn’t very centered. This one isn’t a great deal different but it’s still better. It’s just really tricky to sew something like that in without the stitches showing up on the cardi. I’m not 100% sure how long it’ll stay in so I may have resew it sooner rather than later.

Closeup of Labels

She’s Electric has moved on quite a bit. I’ve been knitting on it while trying to catch up with Grey’s Anatomy. I’m currently in the early eps of season five. A month ago I’d only ever seen the first series and I’m trying to catch up to the current season 8. So that’s a serious lot of tv watching. Seriously.

So SE has passed the putting sleeve stitches on scrap yarn period and I’m about 2 inches done on the body. I finally agreed on the contrast colour for the waist stitching design and it’s some yarn left over from a previous project that I’ve had stashed for several years. It is perfect and it also required some serious detangling which Doug helped me sort out over the weekend. It’s now organised and wound into two centre pull balls. :)

 

3 Comments

  1. Elly says:

    Yay for swirly buttons and a FO!

    I haven’t seen Grey’s Anatomy yet, but I did the same binge watching when I discovered Fringe! :D

  2. Magpie Mimi says:

    Wooo! Swirly twirly! Yay!

    Like the labels too! Ah, I’m sure that you can knit/sew/make enough things to get through all those labels and get the other ones, ‘By Marie’.

    Thanks for the cwtches and encouragement, I’m getting lots better thank you!

Leave a Reply